SELF MANAGED SUPERANNUATION FUND (SMSF)
In the past, most people invested their Superannuation in Retail or Industry Super Funds, to which their employers contributed a percentage of their salary. Fund managers then made investment decisions on behalf of the members of those Funds.
This landscape has dramatically changed in the past 10 years, with over 1 million Australians having switched from Retail or Industry Funds to SMSF’s.
A SMSF is your own personal Superannuation Fund that gives you full control over how your Super Benefit is invested. A SMSF is ideal for the DIY Investors who prefer to make their own Investment Choices rather than leave their Superannuation to be invested by others.
Some of the advantages that a SMSF can offer include:-
- Take back control of your Super;
- Save fees on managing your Super;
- Manage up to 4 members’ Super in one SMSF;
- Accumulation and Pensions Funds in one;
- Transfer assets from your personal name to an SMSF; &
- Borrowing through your SMSF for property investment.
ASG can establish a new SMSF and attend to all aspects of the process setup for you.
Once established, we at ASG provide ongoing support and provide all the compliance requirements that a SMSF must attend to annually.